“Dementia Reimagined”: A Lecture by Dr. Tia Powell
Westchester residents brave thunderstorms to attend The New Jewish Home’s 20th Annual Stein Lecture on Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
By Clare Kelly, Neighbor
June 3, 2019, 2:42 PM ET
On Thursday, May 30, almost 100 Westchester residents braved the rain, wind and severe thunderstorms to attend The New Jewish Home’s 20th Annual Stein Lecture on Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease at the Sarah Neuman Campus in Mamaroneck. The New Jewish Home is a comprehensive, mission-driven healthcare system serving older New Yorkers since 1848.
The New Jewish Home, Manhattan, hosted a Seder for residents to honor the first night of the festival of Passover. As one of our well-attended and anticipated events, I’m pleased to share that this year, our Passover Seder reached a much broader audience. Three major TV news outlets featured the event (NBC 4, ABC 7 and Fox 5), as well as WPIX 11 and NTDTV (New Tang Dynasty Television).
Dominga Marquez: Knitting Hobbyist from The New Jewish Home Senior Housing Helps Others Despite Setback
By Pat Kiernan
Published 7:18 AM ET MAR. 04, 2019
Things don’t come as easily as they once did for Dominga Marquez. The 76-year-old suffered a stroke four years ago – she collapsed on her way to church.
“I didn’t know what was happening, where I was, and then I was very scared,” Marquez recalled.Continue Reading Dominga Marquez: New Yorker of the Week from The New Jewish Home Senior Housing in Manhattan
- CRAIN’S HEALTH PULSE NY: “Westchester providers ink long-term rehabilitation partnership”
- Get Well – Go Home! Gold Seal of Approval for Sarah Neuman’s Heart Failure Program
- Residents March for LGBT Pride
- Birthday Bash of the Century: Celebrating 14 Kittay Tenants Who Turn 100+ this Year
- One Order of Pancakes. Hold the Psychotropics – A Lesson in Empathy and Dementia Care.