If your needs become too complex to manage at home, our long-term skilled nursing services in Manhattan and Westchester provide that extra level of care, support and safety.
Our experienced interdisciplinary team works with residents to prepare individualized plans based on medical needs, their preferences and choices about living a rich and meaningful life. In addition to providing around-the-clock nursing care, on site physicians, and specialist, we also offer spiritual care, specialized therapy for memory impairment, and robust therapeutic recreation activities such as creative writing classes, horticulture therapy, art therapy, and theater groups.
Both campuses are accredited by Comfort Matters, a dementia care and education program dedicated to improving the quality of life and care for people with dementia.
Our experienced care team works with you to prepare individualized plans based on your medical needs, preferences and choices about living a rich and meaningful life.
Your care team includes:
- Physicians who specialize in internal medicine and geriatrics
- Nurse practitioners, registered nurses and certified nursing assistants
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Social workers
Our Facilities Feature:
- Expansive outdoor space with beautiful gardens
- Welcoming environment for all
- Kosher style meals
- Aviary (Manhattan)
- Free WiFi for residents and guests
- Small Houses (person-directed care in a home-like setting in Westchester)
Services and Amenities:
- 24/7 skilled nursing
- Pain management and wound care
- Comfort Matters accreditation, a person-directed approach to dementia care
- On-site pharmacy and radiology (Manhattan)
- Specialty consult: dentistry, ophthalmology, podiatry, neurology, urology and cardiology
- Additional specialty consult only in Manhattan: psychiatry, dermatology, nephrology, ENT and vascular
- Swallowing and Dysphagia Clinic (Manhattan)
- Spiritual care
- Active resident councils
- 217 languages supported
We offer specialized communities for older adults with dementia, which provide a safe, familiar environment that maximizes physical and cognitive well-being. To guide patients, families and caregivers through the trajectory of the illness, our dedicated Dementia Care Navigator provides ongoing support and education.
In addition to providing the care and security you need, we also encourage you to pursue this chapter of your life with passion and meaning.
Our experienced Therapeutic Recreation staff will invite you to participate in activities best suited to your abilities and interests. Some of the offerings include:
- Creative writing classes
- Horticulture therapy
- Art therapy
- Theater groups
- Discussion group
- Live musical performances
- Summer outdoor barbecues
- Holiday and birthday celebrations
We also offer religious and spiritual support, including organized Jewish, Catholic and Protestant services.
Share your suggestions and provide feedback via our active Resident Council, on all aspects of life in the nursing home.
For Information or to Schedule a Visit:
120 West 106th Street
New York, NY 10025
845 Palmer Avenue
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
On our 301-bed Westchester campus we are proud to offer intimate Small Houses, based on person directed care model, with meals prepared from scratch in an open kitchen and shared at a communal table.
The Green House Model
As a leader in implementing innovative models of care, we are proud to provide person-directed care (based on the Green House™ model) at the Small Houses we operate on our Westchester campus, for long term-care and short-stay rehabilitation.
- Small Houses are intimate households with home-like private and communal spaces that foster autonomy and individuality.
- Meals are prepared daily from scratch in an open kitchen and shared at a communal table.
- Specialized care teams who are dedicated to each Small House which allows them to get to know each resident and offer highly individualized care.
- A strong emphasis is placed on autonomy, dignity, and a meaningful life.
Our 514-bed skilled nursing facility on the Upper West Side in Manhattan is also a longstanding teaching institution. Through our Geriatrics Career Development Program we provide clinical training to hundreds of students from under-resourced high schools. We are also a training site for geriatrics fellows from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Our 514-bed skilled nursing facility on the Upper West Side in Manhattan is a longstanding teaching institution committed to instilling Jewish Home values in the next generation of professionals who care for older adults.
- Through our Geriatrics Career Development Program we provide clinical training and mentorship to hundreds of students from under-resourced high schools.
- We are also a training site for geriatrics fellows and third year medical students from the Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine.
- Additionally we train students enrolled in educational programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, social work, therapeutic recreation, pharmacy and pastoral care.