Short-Stay Rehabilitation Programs
Jewish Home’s CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation Center, affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center
As the only heart failure program in New York State accredited by the Joint Commission, we provide care that is unparalleled. Created and operated in partnership with NYU Langone Health, our 63-bed post-acute cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program offers an expert interdisciplinary team of specialists to help patients recover and transition seamlessly from the hospital to home after illness, injury or surgery.
What is Post Acute CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation?
Post Acute cardiopulmonary rehabilitation is a bridge for patients between their acute stay in the hospital and their discharge home. An interdisciplinary team of cardiac rehabilitation specialists provides patients with the medical, nursing, and rehabilitation care to reach a high level of independence and quality of life prior to their transition to home.
What Makes Us Unique
- Expert, multi-specialty physician services from NYU Langone, including geriatrics, cardiology, and rehabilitation medicine
- Telemetry-monitored rehabilitation therapy
- Optimum nurse-to-patient care ratio
- Therapies offered 6-7 days per week, based on assessment
- Multilingual staff and services
- On-site specialty clinics
- Equipment needs evaluated prior to discharge from the program
- A Social Work Transition care manager who will facilitate your transition home and remain available to support you for three months.
- Accredited facility by The Joint Commission
- NYU Langone physicians (geriatrician, cardiologist, physiatrist)
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Therapeutic Recreation Therapists
- Social Workers
- An individualized care plan
- Comprehensive, interdisciplinary medical, nursing and rehabilitation care
- Therapy to increase strength and endurance
- A coordinated approach to transitioning to home care or outpatient services
- Information for patients and families on cardiopulmonary health and wellness, including education on your cardiopulmonary condition, control of symptoms, medication and oxygen management
- Assistance with smoking cessation (if needed)
- Educational sessions on nutrition and stress management
- A shared goal of returning patients to their prior level of functioning
We also provide continuous IV medication, if required, wound care management, and recreational programs.
For more information about our short-stay rehabilitation or to set up a tour:
120 West 106th Street
New York, NY 10025
845 Palmer Avenue
Mamaroneck, NY 10543