New Yorkers are fiercely loyal to their neighborhoods and their slice of New York.
The New Jewish Home’s Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA) helps you regain independence after surgery, injury or illness, with rehabilitation and healthcare right in your home. The New Jewish Home has extensive experience delivering rehabilitation and home care services. Our goal is to help you continue to thrive in your own home while allowing you to get well, stay well and return to health and independence as quickly as possible.
From the moment a patient is enrolled in our CHHA program, our care team begins assessment and planning for the patient’s recovery and long term wellness. A registered nurse comes to the patient’s home for a comprehensive assessment and to initiate the care plan prescribed by your doctor.
Our Home Health Aides are licensed by the New York State Department of Health, are fully trained in accordance with Department of Health requirements, and are closely supervised by our nursing staff. Our nurses are trained, licensed and experienced in providing and managing care for patients in their homes. Our licensed therapists are highly experienced at providing home-based therapies that are optimized for the individual.
The CHHA is licensed by the New York State Department of Health to serve patients in the five boroughs of New York City and in Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and Rockland counties. We serve patients with Medicare or dual eligible patients with both Medicare and Medicaid, as well as patients in managed care plans.
Care and therapies that fit your individual recovery needs
- Full assessment by a Registered Nurse
- A physical and occupational therapy program
- Speech therapy designed for those recovering from a stroke
- Medical Social work services to help patients access benefits
- Services of Home Health Aides (HHAs)
- Personalized care plans with timing resources to ensure that the patient and patient’s family are prepared to support the patient’s recovery and continued wellness
- A coordinated care and customer service team, including consultations with the patients’ primary physician and other providers to coordinate care and assure that the patient is being fully supported in recovery.
- A 24/7 hotline to contact one of our Client Services Managers regarding issues or emergencies that should arise.
Best practices program
Our Best Practices Program uses clinically tested and proven diagnostic tools and care pathways to identify and address issues that could impact the patients’ recovery. Best Practices include:
- Falls Management
- Pain Management
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Depression Diabetes
We are New Yorkers. We’re here to help you live life on your own terms, wherever you call home and whatever your care needs.
Now is the right time to get started.
For more information, contact us here or call 800.544.0304.