University Avenue Assisted Living Program
Our assisted living building offers modern, affordable housing for qualified seniors who need supportive services.
You can live independently, in your own private apartment, while enjoying the security of having health care professionals right on site, easy access to supportive services and three healthy meals a day.
Life at University Avenue
Our studio apartments are furnished and include a private bathroom and kitchenette
Our 72-bed residence features:
- Three meals a day
- On-site Wellness Center
- Case Management and Care Coordination
- Programs that support socialization, creativity and wellness
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Laundry room for resident use
Our University Avenue Assisted Living Program is right for you if you are:
- 65 years old or over – individuals 55 to 64 years old are considered based on need and availability
- A Medicaid recipient
- A Social Security income recipient
- In need of supportive services, such as help with medications, dressing and housekeeping
How To Apply
We invite you or family members to inquire about availability. You will need to complete a financial questionnaire and a general application to begin the process.
Our simple and straightforward application process includes:
- Personal interview
- Financial verification
- Medical evaluation by your physician
- Nurse assessment by our care team
To build this high-quality living option for seniors in the Bronx, The New Jewish Home received a Department of Health HEAL Grant with support from Community Board 7. University Avenue Assisted Living is regulated by the New York State Department of Health.
For questions about our University Avenue Assisted Living program, please use the form below.
Or you can download and fill out the inquiry card (PDF) and email it to: SDavila@jewishhome.org
We are now accepting applications for Medicaid Assisted Living. Please call or email today for more information.
University Avenue Assisted Living
2553 University Avenue
Bronx, NY 10468