Sarah Neuman in Westchester offers you and the ones you care for exceptional post-acute rehabilitation and long-term nursing home care, all on one campus for elders.
We provide the finest in specialized therapies to help our residents improve their quality of life, while providing a personal touch for both elders and their families. We are now home to both traditional nursing home care and to Westchester’s only Small House communities, which are a transformation of skilled nursing care in the New York area. Residents live in homes centered around the needs and preferences of the residents, rather than in a hospital-like environment, and still enjoy the highest standard of skilled nursing care. (More about our Small Houses.)
Our skilled and dedicated support team includes nurses, certified nursing assistants and a full-time staff of physicians, therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, social workers and other clinicians. We also offer adult day programs. Visitors are welcome; come meet our friendly staff and residents and see our top-notch facilities.
845 Palmer Avenue
Mamaroneck, New York 10543
Phone: (914) 698-6005
VISITS AND ADMISSIONS:
(914) 864-5621 / Email ►
Administrator: (914) 864-5110
Volunteers: (914) 864-5141 / Email ►
Social Work: (914) 864-5661
Nursing Department: (914) 864-5153
Medical Department: (914) 864-5672
Business Office: (718) 410-1598
Adult Day Program: (914) 864-5800
Explore Sarah Neuman
Sarah Neuman is a place where relationships between residents and the staff who care for them can grow.
Life in a Small House
There’s a revolution going on in elder care. Some people call them Green Houses, some people call them Small Houses. The folks here just call them home, and rave about the sense of community and family they feel. Watch the amazing things that go on every day in Westchester’s only Small Houses.
Celebrating 25 Great Years
- March 22, 2017: Take Back Your Health: Making simple lifestyle changes for lasting health benefits. Learn about “Sugar and What You Need to Know.” Join us for this free lecture and reception with guest speaker Dr. Delayne Gratopp of Scarsdale Integrative Medicine. Details >>
- A full slate of celebration events is coming soon.
Sarah Neuman has been a leader in elder care in Westchester for 40 years.
Long-term nursing home care here at Sarah Neuman in Westchester is all about helping each person live the best life possible in a safe and supportive setting. Long-term care includes:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care in a secure residential setting, medical coverage by onsite and on-call staff physicians and social work staff
- Special Therapy Centers for residents with more complex clinical needs
- Therapeutic activity programs, including art, music and exercise
- On-site pharmacy and radiology services
Our rehabilitation and post-acute care services can help you or someone in your care to feel better and get ready to successfully return home after hospitalization for surgery or an illness.
Post-Acute care includes:
- A team that includes doctors, nurses, physical, audiologists and occupational and speech therapists
- Five days a week of individualized therapy
- Full discharge planning and transition to home
Come join us for an engaging day or evening. We offer both social programs and programs for elders with chronic health conditions. Options include assistance with personal care, meals and a wide range of activities and therapeutic programs. Clinical services are available. More info. ►
We provide a safe, compassionate place for people with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias to spend the night, so family members can have much-needed overnight relief. The night care program is one of the first of its kind in the New York area, and is offered on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 7 pm to 7 am.
They gave me the confidence that I could do it. They stood on either side of me and helped me walk again. The staff is really super.
― Madelyn F., Mamaroneck