When you’re ready to join us, our dedicated and experienced care team will work with you to prepare an individualized long-term care plan that covers your medical needs and, just as importantly, reflects your choices regarding how you want to live your life. In addition to our traditional nursing home rooms, we also now offer rooms on our Westchester campus in our new Small House model, which is a new way to take the institutional feel out of the institution.
We understand and address the wide-ranging, complex needs of aging. Across our campuses we offer special therapies and services, listed below, to provide you with the best of care.
While we provide the care and security you need, we also encourage you to pursue this chapter of your life with passion and meaning. Our experienced Therapeutic Recreation staff encourages residents to participate in activities best suited to their abilities, life histories and interests.
So take an art class or join a discussion group, peruse our library, enjoy a concert, view live broadcasts of lectures from the 92nd Street Y, explore the Web, or perform in a theater group. There is religious and spiritual support, including organized Jewish, Catholic and Protestant services. There’s even an aviary at Sarah Neuman and an aquarium on both our Sarah Neuman and Manhattan campuses. We invite your family to regular barbeques in our gardens, as well as holiday celebrations.
And we seek input from you and your peers, via the Resident Council, on all aspects of life in the nursing home.
“The staff here really care. They are giving mom the kind of attention and understanding we can all appreciate – especially mom!”
– Shirley W., Upper West Side, New York City
The Care Team That Will Work With You and Your Family
- Physicians who are board-certified internists and geriatricians
- Attending physicians in many specialties
- Around-the-clock nursing and nursing assistant care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Dieticians to help assure that your diet promotes wellness and meets your choices
- On-site pharmacy, with pharmacists experienced in elder care
- On-site radiology services upon availability
- Professional social workers to assist with coordinating care and helping you and your family manage during this stage of your life
- Free WIFI in the building / portable computers in some units
- Specialty clinics, including dentistry, ophthalmology, podiatry, neurology, urology and cardiology
- Psychology and psychiatry service
- A team approach to palliative care and pain relief management, where the resident and family members are integral to the team
- Therapy programs for special areas of concern, including in-house dialysis treatment, Alzheimer’s dementia treatment, speech and swallowing disorders, vision impairments and substance abuse.