The relationship between The New Jewish Home and our generous donors is sacred.
When you make a gift, your charitable support is helping change the lives of more than 10,000 older adults who benefit from our care every year regardless of their ability to pay.
By far, the largest group we serve are the 8,000 people who want to “Age Like A New Yorker” in comfort and with dignity in their own homes, near their loving family and friends and in their own communities.
It might surprise you to learn that nearly 90 percent of the people we serve depend on government support – which simply does not cover the full cost of necessary care.
Thousands of older adults living in poverty turn to The New Jewish Home every year for help. Filling the gap that insurance doesn’t cover for the cost of care is a constant and difficult battle. But it is a battle we must fight to ensure that those in our care receive the services they need and deserve.
A new initiative we’re calling the 2019 Stay@Home gala has been designed to do just that! By supporting this effort, the power of your gift will be felt in thousands of homes across New York and will benefit our most vulnerable neighbors.
We help our patients regain their independence after surgery, injury or illness by providing them with rehabilitation, care and assistance with everyday activities– right in their own homes.
Here’s what your support can do:
- $100 enables a developmentally disabled adult to live at home by providing him/her with community-based health care and recreational activities at an adult day health care program for one month.
- $1,000 provides a person coming home from the hospital with skilled nursing care and therapies for two months.
- $2,500 provides in-home assistance with personal care and activities of daily living for 60 people, three times a week for a month.
- $10,000 connects 30 older adults with medical and social services for one month through our adult day health care programs.
- $25,000 provides 25 people coming home from the hospital with skilled nursing care and therapies for two months.
- You can help make these essential services possible. You can change their lives through generous, charitable support … from your home to theirs.