Kittay Senior Apartments
Independent Living Activities to Enrich Your Life.
Services and Amenities.
Kittay Senior Apartments is more than a place to live.
It’s a place to connect with other active seniors. Kittay apartments are a perfect place to call home. In addition to bright, sunny, and inviting apartments, Kittay also offers unique amenities specifically geared to assist older adults who want to live active, engaging lives.
When you choose to call Kittay senior community home, your monthly fees include:
- Daily social, recreational and educational programs
- Three meals a day (lunch, dinner and continental breakfast), with plenty of options
- Weekly transportation to banks and shopping
- A computer room and free Wi-Fi
- Housekeeping and linen service.
Tenants at Kittay also enjoy the convenience of on-site amenities and robust programs that make our senior community a perfect fit for so many active and independent seniors:
- Convenience store
- Beauty parlor and barber shop
- Access to award-winning gardens
- Extensive large-print library
- Creative arts programs, choir, open arts studio, live concerts and more
- Day trips to museums, restaurants and performances
- Fitness center
- On-Site ATM cash machine
- On-site laundromat
- Event spaces which can be reserved for family gatherings or other special occasions
- 24-hour lobby attendant
- Free cable television from Dish TV with over 190 channels
- An array of health and personal care services on an a la carte basis
With so many services and amenities available at your fingertips, Kittay is the perfect place for active seniors to call home. Conveniently located across from the James J. Peters Veteran’s Administration Medical Center in the Bronx and near the 1, 4, B, and D subway trains, seniors can take advantage of all that New York City has to offer. We encourage prospective tenants to visit us for a trial stay.. Call today to learn more!
Healthcare and Personal Care Services
Assistance is available when you need it.
Kittay Senior Apartments is happy to help you access a wide range of wellness and medical care services, should you need them. Unlike assisted-living communities, health and personal care services are strictly on an a la carte basis at Kittay, so you only pay for what you need, when you need it.
We welcome and work with local healthcare professionals and encourage you to maintain your relationships with your own physicians. Healthcare services can often be conveniently delivered to you in the privacy of your own apartment.
There is a full menu of services offered by top level third-party providers to seniors living at Kittay Senior Apartments, on a fee-for-service basis:
- Physicians’ offices on-site
- Primary and specialty physicians who come to Kittay on a scheduled basis to see their patients
- Certified Home Health Aide and Companion services
- Care Management services from professional geriatric care managers, who will assist in finding and coordinating services that can help tenants stay safe, healthy and independent.
Kittay staff will be happy to provide you with lists of recommended local providers of any of these optional support services.
Everything you need is right here at Kittay Senior Apartments!