The Bronx Campus of Jewish Home Lifecare offers a complete spectrum of elder care services. The Special Therapy Centers are a regional destination for post acute rehabilitation and skilled nursing. Twenty four hour care is provided by skilled and dedicated Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants and a full time staff of physicians, therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, social workers and other clinicians. The Bronx campus also offers senior housing and Adult Day programs
Bronx Campus Address
100 West Kingsbridge Road
Bronx, New York 10468
Get directions to the Bronx Campus
To Contact Someone at the Bronx Campus use our:
Bronx Campus Contact Page
For general questions and inquiries regarding the Bronx Campus: Phone: (718) 410-1500
For information regarding admissions to the Bronx Campus: Phone: (718) 410-1330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch this Video to learn more about the Bronx Campus:
Post Acute Care Rehabilitation:
Bronx campus rehabilitation and post acute care services help a patient get better and ready to successfully return home after hospitalization for surgery or illness. Post Acute care includes:
- A team that includes doctors, nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, and audiologists
- Five days a week of individualized therapy
- Full discharge planning and transition to home
Nursing Home Long Term Care:
Long term nursing home care at the Bronx campus is all about helping each person live the best life possible in a safe and supportive setting. Long Term Care includes:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care in a secure residential setting, medical coverage by onsite and on-call staff physicians and social work staff
- Special Therapy Centers for residents with more complex clinical needs
- Therapeutic activity programs, including art, music and exercise
- On-site pharmacy and radiology services
Special Therapy Centers
The Bronx campus is home to our Special Therapy Centers, which make the campus a regional destination for advanced eldercare.
For those with chronic kidney disease, an inhouse hemodialysis center means continuing dialysis treatment along with rehabilitation or skilled nursing care, eliminating the disruption of traveling to an outside dialysis clinic.
Now there’s an option for older New Yorkers who need medical rehabilitation and have issues with alcohol or prescription drug use. The Jewish Home Geriatric Substance Abuse Recovery Program is the first nursing home-based in-patient substance abuse program in the United States. It is designed for older New Yorkers (60+) with substance abuse issues who need short term, post acute medical rehabilitation.
The Norma and Joseph Saul Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia unit has been nationally acclaimed for its unique approach to caring. It is a secure, comforting, nonthreatening residence that provides a familiar frame of reference, lessens confusion and offers freedom to move in an unrestricted space. Along with its specially-trained staff, it is truly a supportive and nurturing environment that promotes each patient’s capabilities to the fullest extent, and minimizes the stresses that can aggravate the symptoms of the disease.
Skilled nursing care for people who experience difficulty seeing, provided in an environment specially designed to promote maximum independence and safety. Specialized care and rehabilitation programs are delivered by a staff trained and certified for provision of “SightCare®” to individuals with visual impairments.
These programs help those with speech and swallowing problems resulting from a stroke or other illness. Advanced therapeutic equipment and dedicated clinical specialists help patients adapt and improve their capabilities.
The Bronx Campus Also Offers:
Supportive housing for elders, including Assisted Living, Low Income Senior Housing and Independent Senior Living.
For people who are living at home, but who could still benefit from a life-enhancing, structured day and supportive community environment.
Bronx Campus News
- Associated Press Features Geriatric Substance Abuse Recovery Program - Jewish Home Lifecare’s Geriatric Substance Abuse Recovery Program was featured in an Associated Press (AP) story and has so far been picked up by more than 50 news organizations across the US and internationally, including The Wall Street Journal; The Washington Post; NBC News 4 NY; Newsday; Yahoo News; Fox Business; Health News and The... [Read More]
- New Affordable Senior Housing in the Bronx - Jewish Home Lifecare debuted their newest HUD Section 202 apartment building for low income seniors at its Bronx campus during a ribbon cutting ceremony and reception held on Thursday, June 3. The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Gardens, located on Webb Avenue, features 71 one-bedroom apartments along with community spaces and landscaped outdoor areas for tenants.... [Read More]
- Jewish Home’s Nursing Homes Achieve 5 Star Quality Rating - Ratings Updated on Nursing Home Compare Site Jewish Home Lifecare skilled nursing facilities in the Bronx, Manhattan and Westchester all were bestowed a 5 Star quality rating on the Nursing Home Compare website. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provides ratings information on the Nursing Home Compare website to help individuals, family members,... [Read More]
- Bronx Campus of Jewish Home on US News Best Nursing Homes List - Jewish Home Lifecare’s Harry and Jeannette Weinberg Center in the Bronx was selected for the US News & World Report list of the Best Nursing Homes, 2014. U.S. News compiles information on nearly 16,000 facilities across the country. The data is from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and is based on three... [Read More]
- The Opening of University Avenue Assisted Living - Jewish Home trustees, staff and elected officials cut the ribbon to celebrate the new University Avenue Assisted Living Program’s addition to the Bronx campus. Left: Jewish Home Rabbi Sandy Bogin affixes mezuzah to lobby wall Right: Jewish Home Lifecare Chairman Elizabeth Grayer accepts a proclamation from Deputy Bronx Borough President Aurelia Greene.
All Bronx Campus News