― Carmen A., Chelsea
Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care
Manhattan campus rehabilitation and post acute care services help a patient get better and ready to successfully return home after hospitalization for surgery or illness.
Post Acute care includes:
- A team that includes doctors, nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, and audiologists
- Five days a week of individualized therapy
- Full discharge planning and transition to home
Find out more about our Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care
Long Term Nursing Home Care
Long term nursing home care at the Manhattan campus is all about helping each person live the best life possible in a safe and supportive setting.
Long Term Care includes:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care in a secure residential setting, medical coverage by onsite and on-call staff physicians and social work staff
- Special Therapy Centers for residents with more complex clinical needs
- Therapeutic activity programs, including art, music and exercise
- On-site pharmacy and radiology services
Find out more about our Long term Nursing Home care
Specialty Post Acute Rehabilitation Centers
The Manhattan Campus is home to Jewish Home’s specialty rehabilitation centers.
A bridge for cardiac patients between their hospital stay and return home. An interdisciplinary team of cardiac rehabilitation specialists provides patients with the medical, rehabilitation and nursing care to reach independence and be ready for transition home.
A state of the art orthopedic rehabilitation program. A team of specially trained physicians, nurses, physical and occupational therapists and other clinical staff to help the patient recover and return home.
The Manhattan Campus Also Offers:
For people who are living at home, but who could still benefit from a life-enhancing, structured day and supportive community environment.
- Jewish Home Honored with Embracing Quality Award for Prevention of Hospital Readmissions - Jewish Home Lifecare’s Manhattan campus has been awarded the Embracing Quality Award for Prevention of Hospital Readmissions from independent healthcare accreditor, Providigm. The Providigm “Embracing Quality Awards” were announced during the American Health Care Association’s Quality Symposium. Out of more than 15,000 nursing centers across the United States, 305 select facilities in the United... [Read More]
- Dr. Melissa Martin, Medical Director of Jewish Home, Manhattan - Dr. Melissa Martin is the Medical Director for Jewish Home Lifecare in Manhattan where she is responsible for the overall coordination of medical care, supervision of staff and the implementation of clinical standards. She was promoted from the post of Associate Medical Director, which she held for the year prior to her appointment as Director... [Read More]
- Susan Finkelstein Named Director of Post Acute Services for Jewish Home, Manhattan - Susan Finkelstein was named the Director of Post Acute Services for Jewish Home Lifecare’s Manhattan Division, in November, 2014. Upon joining the organization she said, “I am thrilled to be a member of the Jewish Home team and look forward to advancing the model of patient directed care in the post acute arena.” She is... [Read More]
All Manhattan News